APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE CLOSED
Hiring For: Intermediate Accountant
Exciting Learning and Career Opportunity for Ambitious Intermediate Accountant. Fast track to running your own book of clients and future partnership opportunity. Client support; effective and professional communication paramount. Ideal for someone who thrives on learning and professional development.
Who are you?
- A partly qualified accountant looking for a ground floor opportunity to accelerate your growth trajectory
Key areas of responsibilities
- Support senior accountant with end to end client management
- Accounts payable management
- Accounts receivable management
- Payroll processing
- Reconciliations for: Bank and credit card and other balance sheet accounts
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Lodgement of ATO activity statements and other compliance
You will be responsible for supporting our client’s senior accountant to deliver on their clients full end to end finance and reporting functions from data processing to the preparation of a standard set of management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable).
Your professional and client centred approach will prove valuable as you will be dealing with internal and external stakeholders in order to meet their needs and achieve outcomes.
You value professional development and learning and keep abreast of industry trends and accounting and fintech technology.
- Relevant tertiary degree/diploma
- Part CA or CPA qualified is preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in chartered accounting firm or small business commercial accounting environment (however a minimum 4-5 years experience is preferred)
- Experience with different accounting and fintech technologies
- Proficient in MYOB, Quickbooks, Xero and Saasu essential
- Proficient in navigating the ATO Portal essential
- Proficient in specialised add-on software desirable (Workflow Max, Expensify, Keypay, Invitbox)
- Experience using advanced Excel skills to solve problems – IF, SUMIF, COUNT, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH functions; and Pivot Tables is desirable
- Experience carrying out accounting system migration between different accounting software is highly preferable
- Preparation of a standard set of management accounts with budget variance analysis would be an advantage
- Responsive and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Organisational / project management skills
- Reporting and analytical skills
- Self-motivated (ability to work autonomously) and hungry for success
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity and a love for learning
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Eagerness to learn new accounting and fintech technologies and keep up-to-date with industry trends
What’s on offer?
- A great hands-on way to learn how to run a book of clients with the opportunity to manage your own book once you’ve proven your capabilities
- Mentoring and professional support will be available to you
This job has been filled. Applications for this role are no longer being accepted. To register your interest for future job openings please email email@example.com or call the Hiring Manager on 1300 987 567.