Brendan Healy is the Chief Operations Officer at Be Business. He brings a wealth of Operations experience across a wide range of industries including food and beverage, medical device and academic industries. His knowledge, experience and results orientated approach all bring a great deal of drive and commitment to his clients.
Brendan has worked his way up from the shop floor in manufacturing, to leading large multidiscipline teams, significant capex and green field site projects and sizeable merger and acquisitions for multinational businesses. His combination of a structured and pragmatic approach to business process improvement along with strategic development and management of people has led to notable business efficiency gains, risk exposure and costs reductions.
Brendan has worked with many companies in the food, quality and medical device industries with businesses such as Danone and GNResound. He also has a Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, a PhD in Molecular Biology and qualifications in project management, Lean Management, Kaizen and Total Quality Management.
More recently, Brendan has assisted a medical device company in relocating their manufacturing and operations facility, evidently illustrating that he understands what different businesses are trying to achieve. His great refined leadership skills allows him to communicate and engage with all staff, from management to shop floor.
- Over 10 years experience across various projects in Operations team and people performance excellence
- Process and plant validation of an infant formula manufacturing site for a €85m acquisition project in India. Project included development of 3 year safety, quality and lean roadmap to ensure sustainable efficient operations and sufficient risk exposure mitigation.
- Relocation of a medical device manufacturing and operations facility in Sydney that resulted in savings in operations costs of $400k per annum with zero impact on customer service and new site start-up ahead of schedule.
- Increased operational efficiency (OE) of a dry blend food packaging line in France by 15% and reduction in product losses by 65% in 6 months through implementation of lean manufacturing standards and people performance management.
Areas of Specialisation
- Lean Management
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points and Work Health & Safety Implementation
- Risk Management
- Warehouse Efficiency
- Performance Management
- Staff Development