Sheila is an inspirational, expert marketing consultant and senior leader specialising in marketing strategy, brand positioning and re-positioning. She has strong customer journey understanding as well as extensive go-to-market planning and implementation experience.
Sheila’s vision, tenacity and ability to motivate those around her, coupled with 20 years international experience developing and implementing marketing strategy across different industries and companies, ensure that she is comfortable looking at solutions from every possible angle. The phrase “do more with less” is one that Sheila is familiar with and has led her to create some of her best campaigns.
Throughout her varied and exciting career, Sheila has faced many business and market challenges which she has overcome to great success, due to her motivational leadership and extensive business and marketing understanding. This has given her the ability to consistently deliver strong results and return on investment as well as return on objectives.
With a career spanning two decades across Europe, US and Asia Pacific, Sheila has launched and re-launched products and brands from varying industry sectors including chemicals, DIY, cosmetics, food and beverage and household appliances. Having had full accountability for not only the marketing strategy and brand strategy, but also the implementation of full integrated offline and digital marketing plans, she derives great pleasure in seeing projects through to a successful outcome. She also enjoys mentoring and empowering others to succeed and flourish along the way, which has led her to become a marketing consultant.
“Plan it, do it, review it, learn from it and improve it.” has been her guiding philosophy.
As a marketing consultant to her clients, Sheila is a passionate, diligent and tenacious marketer who brings renewed creativity and energy to their business. Working with tight budgets and timescales she consistently delivers on getting maximum bang for the buck and will do so by engaging all stakeholders in the best possible way. Sheila is insightful and relishes challenging assignments. She builds support and momentum behind her campaigns and works tirelessly to get the very best out of people to grow their business.
With extensive experience working in cross functional and cross cultural teams, as well as managing a large number of suppliers and sponsorship properties, her inclusive and transparent approach ensures that communication is clear and that the purpose is understood by all.
Sheila’s qualifications include a BA (Hons) Degree in International Marketing and German from The University of Greenwich, London, UK.
- 20 years international experience working in sales and marketing leadership roles in large multinational and small privately owned businesses, both client side and agency side.
- Experience working for a variety of industries including chemicals, cosmetics, food and beverage, FMCG, DIY and household appliances.
- Well experienced in brand management, with the successful management of Dulux, Maggi, AEG, Electrolux, Westinghouse, Kelvinator, Simpson, Dishlex and Chef
- Consistently delivered strong share growth and increase in awareness due to marketing innovation.
- Accountability working across all elements of the marketing mix including:
– Above the line marketing (TV, radio, print, outdoor media)
– Through the line (online & social media)
– Below the line (Public Relations, sponsorships, promotions, point of sale, CRM database marketing, events, in-store)
- Responsible for the management of multimillion dollar marketing budgets.
- Instrumental in delivering several brand re-launches and product launches.
Areas of specialisation
- Marketing and product strategy
- Digital Marketing strategy
- 360 Degree marketing plans
- Customer journey understanding and customer experience
- Customer loyalty and advocacy
- Brand positioning, re-positioning, launches and re-launches
- Team building, mentoring and coaching
- Content and social media strategy planning and implementation
- Trade marketing planning and implementation
- New Product Development
- Budget and KPI setting and management
- Supplier management and sourcing