We’re Expanding: Experienced Operations Consultant with Entrepreneurial Drive Wanted
This innovative boutique management consultancy is seeking an experienced and dynamic operations professional to join their growing multi-skilled team. Become part of a company that only services clients from the top 5% of SMEs. You will be responsible for driving the project management and execution of our clients operations strategies, projects and initiatives towards measurable outcomes. We are expanding and have clients waiting for you.
Your Key Areas of Responsibility
Client Project Management (Operations Management Projects)
- Project Management of our clients operational requirements and assist with the development of overall operational strategies, programs and models
- Co-ordinating suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver on client objectives.
- Compiling status reports for clients on their business improvement results.
- Working with other members of our consultant team to ensure our clients operational strategies and activities are in alignment with their overall business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Hands-on experience in an Operations Manager, COO or similar role is desirable
- Proven track record in analysing complex business operations and scoping, designing and delivering operational strategies and solutions to SME businesses
- Business experience or business ownership is desirable
- Experience with large clients or global multinationals would be an advantage
- An understanding of, experience with or consulting on risk management, WH&S, QA, HACCP, SQF, procurement or other operational specialisations would be an advantage
- Experience with product-based businesses and associated considerations e.g. supply chain management, logistics strategy, transportation, packaging, warehouse design and optimisation, procurement would be viewed favourably
- A working knowledge of various operational management methodologies but is methodology-agnostic
- Must have hands-on experience working with Australian companies
- An advanced graduate degree would be preferable
Skills and requirements:
- Demonstrate high level problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrate the ability to customise solutions to clients needs
- Systems oriented thinker and experience with introducing systems into an unsystemised environment
- Competent with process mapping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability and be able to communicate effectively and relate to anyone from Boards to the shop floor
- Multi-tasking abilities and is able to prioritise in order to meet deadlines
- Has strong leadership ability to lead, train or mentor people to execute on strategy and continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent organisational, project management and delegation skills and experience in providing actionable roll-out plans (may include managing both internal and external stakeholders)
- Past experience working under accountability and/or KPIs systems
- Effective team player but also has the drive to work under own initiative
- A highly professional customer service approach
- An understanding of software packages that aid the movement of goods or process business improvement
- Professionally presented
- Active learner and willing to learn new skills quickly
This will be a Partnership Opportunity for the right person. You love and are very good at Business Operations but you also want to build something bigger than you
- Be supported by something bigger while having the freedom to develop your ‘own thing’
- Have the opportunity to develop a true partnership relationship with our company over time.
What’s on offer:
- Please note this is not a salary based position.
- Remuneration is project-based and uncapped with a variety of different incentive structures to be made available to the right person. Our consultants love this model.
- Marketing, sales, mentoring and backend support will be available to you.
- You’ll also be able to incubate and innovate fantastic new business ideas that you can have some ownership with if you choose.
If this position excites you and you think you have a saleable skill set to offer, please send through your application. We look forward to discussing the opportunity further with you.
For further information please call the Hiring Manager on 1300 987 567.